Friday, December 25, 2009

Do cleanse pills make you retain water? 10pts?

I've been taking the Ultimate Cleanse (with herbs and fibers) and I actually feel like I've gained weight. I've bloated up like crazy!Do cleanse pills make you retain water? 10pts?
Not exactly, but that's not unusual when you first start an increase in fiber content in your diet. Soluble fibers absorb liquids, so if you are drinking enough water and the fibers are absorbing it, it could cause some expansion, but not in the rest of your body.


However, cleansers do encourage your body to release toxins and stored junk because things are being removed, so it's possible that you're bloating because of a reaction to some toxin(s) that were released into your blood stream. Either way, it should reduce or stop within a few days unless it's an allergic reaction to something in the cleanse. Good luck and I hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment